You may be interested in the following information from Kildare County Council regarding a solution to ease traffic congestion over the bridge.
This was proposed by the Celbridge River Crossing Feasibility Report, see map here New Layout for Celbridge bridge:
• Vehicles leaving English Row R403 and the Main Street R405 in Celbridge and crossing the Liffey Bridge will not be permitted to turn right onto the Ardclough Road L-1016 or turn right onto the Hazelhatch Road R405. Vehicles will have to proceed along the Dublin Road R403 and turn right at the traffic lights onto the Shinkeen Road. This will lead vehicles back onto the Hazelhatch Road R405.
• Vehicles travelling to Ardclough will have to proceed along the Hazelhatch Road, R403 and turn right onto the Simmonstown/Hazelhatch Park Road, L-6057 leading to the Ardclough Road L-1016.
• Vehicles exiting the Hazelhatch Road R403 at its junction with the Dublin Road will not be permitted to turn right onto the Dublin Road R405. Vehicles wishing to travel towards Dublin should use the Shinkeen Road.
• Vehicles exiting the Ardclough Road L-1016 will not be permitted to turn right onto the Dublin Road R403 or the Hazelhatch Road R405. Vehicles coming from Ardclough and travelling to Hazelhatch or the Dublin Road R405 will have to use the Simmonstown/Hazelhatch Park Road L-6057 and the Shinkeen Road.
These new/revised routes will be sign posted with additional directional signage.
A drawing showing the proposed works is overleaf for your convenience or may be inspected
– Celbridge Library, St. Patricks Park, Celbridge Co. Kildare
– Available to view on Kildare County Council’s website www.kildare.ie/countycouncil
Drawings available until 19th November. Representations relating to the proposed works may be made in writing to the: Senior Executive Officer, Roads, Transportation and Public Safety Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare.
The latest date for receipt of such representations is 12 noon on Friday 20th November 2015